[school-core] Re: Your group needs a representative for Schoolforge

On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 01:35:21PM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson
Leighton wrote:

>> In fact, fyi, we decided not to have our own mailing list about
>> general issues
>> so that we would be better participants in schoolforge. However,
>> we kept our own
>> lists for authors and issues special to our own projects. >

your paragraph here in fact summarises EXACTLY the reasons
why i am reluctant to subscribe to schoolforge-discuss: as an
Administrator whose role it is to categorise and research, move
on and check things later, there is no point in my personally
joining schoolforge-discuss, and there _is_ no appropriate
individual or group _to_ subscribe.

effectively what you have _kind-of_ asked is for
groups.google.com's Administrator to subscribe to one of the
groups!  i can't _do_ it - in my capacity, the request makes
no sense!

i can only encourage other projects to contact you and say
"i am the project maintainer of homelearning.org, please
can i be a member of schoolforge?" which i hope will occur
more frequently as a result of linux.edu being set up.

and under which circumstances, i understand perfectly that your
requirements would apply, and would agree with you that they
should apply.

hope this helps clarify things,

l.