[school-core] Re: bluelinux

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 02:17:58PM -0400, Doug Loss wrote:
> > We need to get money to you/seul/schoolforge. How do you want to go
> > about doing that? Should we look into creating a foundation, find a

Seul is a non-money organization. That is, I don't want any money near it.

The reason for this is that the AUP for our current network specifies
"no commercial enterprises". To be on the safe side, and because I choose
to fund seul out of my pocket, I keep money out the picture entirely.

That having been said, I've got no problem if you give money to people
on seul/edu, or find people on seul-edu that you want to give money to,
etc. It just means I'd be happier if you gave a different alias to 'seul'
when you were collecting money. For instance, if by seul you really mean
seul/edu, you could give the money to OSEF and let them dole it out to
pay for flights to conferences, linux-in-education-display-days, etc.

If by seul you actually mean the broader umbrella organization (we have
many other projects besides seul/edu, such as gftp.org, pygame.org,
worldforge.org, tiny.seul.org, geda.seul.org, and many others), then I
ask that you give donations to seul to eff.org.

Thanks,
--Roger