[school-core] Re: bluelinux

Christopher Reed wrote:

> Doug,
>
> Thanks for the hekp with the post. It looks like Bluelinux will have the
> link inserter woking later today in their lists. This is really great
> for us. I would like to make an announcement on the list when it is up.
> We need to get money to you/seul/schoolforge. How do you want to go
> about doing that? Should we look into creating a foundation, find a
> foundation? WDYT?
>
> -Chris
> --
> I'm a Peloton Member for Lance, Please help me raise money:
> http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=creed&p=LAF
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> Office: 415 371 9900
> http://www.affero.com
> reed@affero.com
> reed@christopherreed.com

Thanks, Chris.  I'm CCing both the seul and the schoolforge-core mailing
lists on this reply, since what we're talking about involves them both.
Members of these lists, please visit the websites listed above to see what
Chris and Affero are offering us.

There are a few questions here for each group.  The first is, if we find
ourselves the recipients of some money, what should we use it for?  The
second is, how should we go about managing that money--who should hold it,
how should it be invested, etc.?  I'm no expert at finances (ask my wife;
she'll be glad to agree!), so I think it's best if we hear from a number of
people on these and associated points.