Re: [school-core] Re: bluelinux

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 08:59:45PM -0400, David Scott Williams wrote:
> What expenses are there currently in running Schoolforge.. the site... the
> list... etc... itself...?  Are those expenses (as Seul's, apparently desirably
> to the expender) coming out of some individual's pocket?

Those expenses are the same as seul's: we host the schoolforge site and
lists. :)

At some point we'll want to move providers, but at that point there's
a good chance I can just find some nice Linux company and convince them
it's good publicity and good for the community.

So I think we should be looking at giving money to linux-in-education
volunteers who need/want it, or to organizations who can lobby, or to
offering to send out free CDs to schools, or to providing token funding
for LUG volunteers who help out their local school systems... something
like that?

The infrastructure is taking care of itself, for now.

(I also don't want to be speaking for David Bucknell here -- he's a
major voice for schoolforge. David?)

--Roger