Re: [school-core] is it possible...

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 12:36:00PM -0400, Doug Loss wrote:
> Well, the conditions of Schoolforge membership are that someone is
> designated the Schoolforge representative for the member organization
> and is automatically subscribed to the schoolforge-core mailing list.
> That representative can be changed, or his or her email address changed,
> but each organization needs to have someone on the list so the
> organization as a whole is kept aware of what Schoolforge is planning to
> do.  Also, so the organization can make suggestions or voice objections
> to any Schoolforge plans.  I think it's an important thing to have
> someone from each organization receiving these messages.  The
> schoolforge-core mailing list isn't a high-volume one, after all.

That may be, but I just looked at the operating procedures and don't see
where it is explicitly stated that you will be automatically subscribed from
the moment you become a member.  Maybe it should be, so there are no
surprises.  Then the member organization can put some thought into it up
front and submit the email address they prefer to have subscribed to this
list.

Ben