[school-core] Re: Software categories

7zip is a desktop tool, in my opinion, but that's ok.  Computer
Administration is all right.

I don't think the point is whether the sysadmin can find it by
her-himself.  If we thought that way, we might not make lists at all.
;-)

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 7:42 PM, LM <lmemsm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How would you tell if the tool was being used in server admin capacity or a
> client capacity?  I could see 7zip (especially the command line tool part)
> used for both.  I was using it in conjuction with package management
> software.  I'm not a system administrator, so maybe we could get some input
> from the sys admins on the list?
>
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 1:33 AM, David Bucknell <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> Laura wrote: "We could potentially merge these with Computer Admin Tools."
>>
>> I wonder whether we could separate client and server admin tools.
>> I would like a System Administration section as opposed to whatever we
>> call the place where you find 7zip.  What do you all think?
>>
>> Are we supposed to be copying to the core ... or info?
>>
>> David
>>
>> ----- Message from jriddiough@xxxxxxxxx ---------
>>     Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 13:46:30 -0800
>>     From: Justin Riddiough <jriddiough@xxxxxxxxx>
>> Subject: Re: Software categories
>>       To: LM <lmemsm@xxxxxxxxx>
>>       Cc: David Bucknell <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>

>> > Let me know what would work best.  There are a couple options here -
>> >
>> > 1) I could create another menu similar to "Categories" but lists some
>> > selected "Tags"
>> > 2) I could add math, science, etc.. as unique Categories
>> >
>> > Right now we don't really offer a "Tag" cloud or anything, but this is
>> > something we can do down the road.
>> >
>> > The two options I listed above could be implemented rather easily,
>> > however.
>> >
>> > Justin

>> ----- End message from jriddiough@xxxxxxxxx -----
>>
>> --
>>
>> --
>> Come visit our new office!
>> IKN E-Learning Center
>> 91 Suthisan (Soi Pracha Suk), Opposite Soi Inthamara 30
>> Din Daeng, Bangkok 10400
>> http://intknowledge.com
>> Map: http://ischoolnet.org/map
>> Hosting, Design and Development: http://www.web4you.in.th
>>
>> NEW Mailing Address: PO Box 90, Suthisan Post Office
>> International Knowledge Networks, Co., Ltd.
>> Din Daeng, Bangkok 10321
>> Thailand
>> +66(0)84 329 1183 (cell); +66(0)2 693 8144 (Don't dial the zero (0)
>> outside of Thailand.)

http://intknowledge.com
For Schools: http://ischoolnet.org
For Teachers: http://flossed.org