Re: [school-core] School Software and OS Choice

Hello Simon,
you ask:
Can someone show me where all these "good software for schools" >is. Is
there a web site that lists them?
Please surf to http://www.eduprojects.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=10 and have a look what people have written previously. The forum includes mails of Schoolforge since 2002.
Another question, is Linux the "only" open source OS that >exists out
there that people are using for schools, or are there other > >alternative
OSs that are in use?
Correct me if I am wrong but to me GNU/Linux is a name recognised by users of different "open source" OSs. There is a great variety of open source OSs, and their developers try to maintain the cohesion of "open source" OSs by sharing the same common kernel of the OS. Linus Torvalds is said to be the person who wrote the first kernel. That's why the various distributions are called Linux.

Rgds,

:-)ilpo
Ilpo Halonen
http://www.eduprojects.net/forum/