RE: [school-discuss] LTSP First Time

Hey Seb,

> What lucky pupils!

indeed they are! :o)

> Unfortunately, you're not going to have an easy time getting 3D apps to
> work well using LTSP, especially not those which are dependent on a
> really fast response, such as games.

thats what I am afraid of ... the refresh rate of the LTSP machines in
comparison to a normal one will be horrible for gaming .. which is why i was
interested to see if i could store some files locally on the machine's
harddrive

as in the game is stored locally, and run locally - but i've no idea at all
if its even possible, let alone to do it :)

> A possibility would be to have the machines dual booting; either from
> their internal hard disk to run a gaming environment (whether that be
> windows or Linux)

not a hope in hell :o) dual booting is for satan, and satan only :p
besides, the whole idea of moving to LTSP is
1: ALOT less issues to deal with as EVERYTHING is done on the server
2: _zero_ money being paid to microsoft for their ridiulously over priced
"licenses"
3: easier for me to do :p

Daniel

This email and any attached files are confidential and may
be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately
by telephone at ++353 1 6035800 or email emailadmin@iibbank.ie
and then delete this email.
Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.The sender therefore
of this message, and shall have no liability for any loss or damage
suffered by the user, which arise as a result of email transmission.
If verification is required please request a hard copy version.