Re: [school-discuss] Some questions about OSS in education:

On 14 Aug 2004 at 10:25, Gary Frankenbery wrote:

> >     3 Which country is the most active in applying OSS in education now? It
> > is said that Latin American countries are more interested in using OSS in
> > education than the other parts of the world, is that true?
>
> Don't know, but I would guess that the lower financial cost of OSS would drive
> the Latin American countries to use OSS in educaton.

Why? Everyone here can get a copy of Windows* for $3 down the street.
There we can also get music CDs and VCDs.
ShrekII is there but it costs only $1.

Also, have you heard of the Microsoft program called FreshStart?

Argentina just signed such an arrangement with Microsoft, Colombia did
too.

Daniel