Re: [school-discuss] software to record Internet addresses accessed?

On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 08:20:20PM -0400, Stewart M. Ives wrote:
> Take a look at tcpdump or ethereal.  I suspect you are on
> switches and not hubs so therefore you need to config your
> linux box as a router using iptables.  Then the linux box can
> record everything happening on your network.

Nope, in fact; but that's another topic altogether.

It's called DHCP, and you can assign each ethernet card its own
static address based on its hardware MAC address.

One really doesn't want to mimic that by hand.

 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx>