[school-discuss] Do we need a text-book for GNU/Linux?

Some inputs from a debate originating in India. FN

Message: 1
   Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 00:20:10 +0530
   From: Frederick Noronha <fred@bytesforall.org>
Subject: Working on a text book for schools (URL - http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/demo-schools/)

 URL             :  http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/demo-schoo
 			ls/
                                   [1]main

 Demo@Schools - Summary

    This project is not part of the GNU Project.

    The [27]Demo@Schools project aims at promoting Free Software to
    educational institutes in India.
    The projected started with the aim of demoing Free Software to
    Matriculation schools in Tamilnadu primarily because these schools had
    a 'Free' syllabus. A syllabus that each individual school decides. We
    thought it would be useful to convince these schools to teach Free
    Software.
    This repository would be mainly used in writing such textbooks. We
    would also be using this repository for a variety of our activities
    such as preparing posters, presentations, etc.,.

    License: [28]GNU Free Documentation License
    Registration Date: Oct 31, 2002
    Development Status: 1 - Planning
    Developer Info
    Project Admins:

    Copyright (C) 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
    59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111, USA
    Verbatim copying and distribution of this entire article is permitted
    in any medium, provided this notice is preserved.
    [43]Document history

Message: 2