[school-discuss] Zis Communication

Hi Steve,

I've had a brief look at your software a year or so ago, but since my
responsibilities didn't overlap yours, I haven't pursued it. However, I
have written all administration software for use in our
school...mainly just attendance, report cards, and simple scheduling. I
have been doing contract work for the last 6 months or so (part-time..I'm
a full time teacher) building a web based admin package for use in 6
elementary schools in a local Catholic school division. It is understood
by this division that it will be licensed under the GPL.

The upshot of this is I would like to get this system to talk to your
system using this Agent <-> ZIS <-> Agent method.

Does this sound like a plan? Initially we should "get" a ZIS server
somewhere and get the agents working so that they can talk, etc. When
done, we can then look at replacing the ZIS server.

Of course, I would write the agent in Perl (since the entire app is in
perl using DBI to talk to MySQL. ) We could collaborate on the perl agent
code, if you'd like...

What thinkest thou?

Les