Re: [school-discuss] evaluation of astronomy apps at

 > celestia runs a little sluggish on my test box. a 1 gigahertz
athalon with
 > 512 meg of ram and a 64 meg video board.  but i had 5 or 6
other things
 > going :-)

On my 700MHz Duron with 128MB ram and a 32MB board, 1.2.5 is so
slow it's unuseable.  1.2.4 was much faster, so people with older
machines might want to use it, but I had problems compiling it
with gcc3 (and as yet haven't bothered to download the the old
gcc2).  Maybe I should just upgrade my machine...

Hmm, the pre 1.0 version I first tried was even faster... funny that.

Dan