Re: [school-discuss] We did it!

First and foremost - Congratulations!

One solution - albeit not a preferred one, is to use Crossover Office
from Codeweavers (http://www.codeweavers.com/).  This enables running
some Windows programs on Linux.  It is a commercially supported version
of Wine.  The cost is $40 per seat on a single license.  I would expect
they'd be willing to work with a school system on volume licensing.

This _may_ help you with other educational software that is not Linux
naive.  It'd be great for the community to work with Codeweavers on
getting some educational software on their supported list.

I have been trying to get Linux into the curriculum at my son's school.
Some of the teachers are very open - they just want tools to help teach.
Unfortunately, inserting something new into the curriculum is not as
easy as I would have thought.  Your effort helps others keep working at
it - we can succeed!

Rich

--

GPG/PGP Key Id: 1B257AEC from pgp.mit.edu

Remember, all Windows machines are, by definition, fault tolerant.

              They run Windows don't they!!