[school-discuss] NETS (Nat'l Edu. Tech. Standards) lesson plans for OSS edu software?

A teacher-and-grad-student over on the 'tuxpaint-users' mailing list
asked if the Tux Paint project had any lesson plans available which used
the software.  (There are some "didactical laboratories" published in
Italian, but beyond that, I know of none.)

She also wanted to know how such lessons would align with NETS standards.
For those who don't know (like I didn't, before being asked about this :^) ),

  "The National Educational Technology Standards (NETS) Project is an
  ongoing initiative of the International Society for Technology in
  Education (ISTE) and a consortium of distinguished partners and
  co-sponsors."

    http://cnets.iste.org/

Ben Armstrong suggested I bring this topic up over here on
'schoolforge-discuss'.  I was wondering if anyone out here knew much
about NETS, and/or how to put together lesson plans for Open Source
educational software that would adhere to the standard.  (Is there any?)

In the meantime, since I couldn't easily find any information for
educational software developers/publishers over at the NETS website,
I took the liberty of dropping Lajeane Thomas, the NETS Project Director,
a line to ask her directly. :^)

I'll keep you posted on any response I receive.

Thx in advance,

bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx       Sunnyvale Baylands Park, Sunday, August 14th