Re: [school-discuss] Ranger Replacement

How about using a live CD version of Linux such as SuSE, Mandrake or Knoppix? Also that way students could have a copy to take home with them.

Daniel Taylor wrote:

Hello,

I am looking for a replacement for the Ranger Suite:

http://www.rangersuite.com/

One that is opensource/free software and works on linux (of course).

I want to limit access to what settings users can change on the computers (openoffice settings, mozilla settings etc.) in the same way that ranger does for windows,

Anyone know a way todo this?

thanks,