[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[school-discuss] Boycott Plus Beta Release
- To: schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [school-discuss] Boycott Plus Beta Release
- From: Justin Riddiough <jriddiough@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 05:25:17 -0700
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: schoolforge-discuss-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 08:25:39 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject :x-enigmail-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=Ah8R4sEK6s5VJ0Ihq2IpQ9wzQunm8Ao5blIMN7/zZ9w=; b=tVKsf0XQC6bXrCc4ljLcOwt6lWeTOcM11p9FiR/aqL6NXx1kCBDapoZOWqBYhz3rw6 D96LlqVcWXWZRbkI86JMHzWb/klw4mz2Gin+sLYbJU/0v5ma9oSulltOOJo4aUJZzK8d bEARfxGBQfRiHRU7B2kEs1/oNgCx13zyDpgYWzvaM8aje2ZdGzPeqHzPJPU7r0zJaR60 ueMGdgvUOsTx9LTg53cC8ojShJMejuFxSRu3hoPCwCHY8T3U3HXHy/nI2hJzqvejRrLK 1yAwHzH4PZ2wC/IgbEQqEWfADmLNjZZ1plJWJLg2oNYNg+FHjrMtiokomlfMohPqPYBg cglw==
- Reply-to: schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:13.0) Gecko/20120615 Thunderbird/13.0.1
This might be a little off topic, but I think it has a place as a tool
for FLOSS advocacy. I won't post more updates here - I've set up a
mailing list for updates. Just wanted to share something that I've been
working on recently.
Boycott Plus is two parts:
1) boycottplus.org platform which allows people to craft Boycott Campaigns
2) A Firefox Addon that allows people to subscribe their browser to a
The campaign organizer can update the campaign to reflect the present
situation. Once a user is subscribed to a campaign, it can be
configured to update daily, weekly, or monthly.
Users are also given the option of having BCP fully block the loading of
a site, just place a notification on the screen, and to do nothing.
I hope to open source the tools to craft Boycott Campaigns at some
point, but the json spec has been undergoing some updates through the
If anyone would like to learn more about this project, please visit
To unsubscribe from the schoolforge-discuss mailing list:
Send an e-mail message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with no subject
and a body of "unsubscribe schoolforge-discuss"