Re: [school-discuss] Walmart Sells Linux Boxes

James P. Kinney III wrote:
>For a small system they were OK but with a heavy
>desktop like KDE or Gnome they were struggling.

That's probably why they shipped with Enlightenment
instead of one of the big boys. With 512MB of RAM,
thin client is not necessarily the best way to go;
after all, we've just recently been talking about
Puppy, Damn Small, and those kinds of mini-distros.
As long as OpenOffice &c can run decently. . . .

Joel

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs