Re: [school-discuss] Well, they're coming to Salt Lake City... [Fwd:BSA Software audit]

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Jim Thomas wrote:

> How do these audits work?  Can a software company (or other
> organization) just invite themselves over and perform an audit?  Isn't
> there something in the U.S. constitution that prevents illegal search
> and seizure?  Doesn't somebody have to demonstrate probable cause?

The U.S Constitution protects you from the government, not what you
"welcome" as part of a licensing agreement.

> Is there a "we'll allow you to audit us at your convenience" clause in
> the EULA?

In one word, yes, though I can't find the exact statement.

		Harry

--
Harry McGregor, CEO, Co-Founder
Hmcgregor@osef.org, (520) 661-7875 (CELL)