[school-discuss] Re: Passwords for kids?

on Sun, May 16, 2004 at 12:47:05PM -0700, Lincoln Peters (sampln@sbcglobal.net) wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 18:09, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> [snip]
> > But for a fair number of 'em, particulary the younger set, and a few
> > others with learning disabilities, remembering passwords seems to be
> > beyond the possible.  Anyone have experience with setting up accounts
> > for kids?
> >
> > Primary login is WinXP.  Even here, the three-field login (username,
> > pass, logon target (workstation/domain) is confusing.
>
> I suppose you could go for a biometric solution

Untenable on any number of bases, of which cost is only one, and _not_
the most significant.

I've got a very limited set of biometrics, and part with them only for
significant remuneration.  Part of the set of values I'm hoping to
instill in the kids is an awareness of technical and social issues,
including privacy.

Peace.

    It is merry in hall when beards wag all.