[school-discuss] Possible lead on open source

Yeah, I know it is's outlook.

Larry,
Karl Pena (karl@tux.org) sent me your way.  I am copying this to the
schoolforge-discuss list as well, hopefully there will some coordination if
folks can act on this."lead." Here is a link for
schoolforge.http://schoolforge.net/what.php

I started a list about 3 years ago around the concept of an electronic
device built under open source guidelines to replace the printed textbook.
Here is my page on the puppy.  http://www.linuxhelpers.org/ed-e-book.html.
The list for this has been swallowed up by Yahoo and the meager archives are
here.  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ebook-device/

I have recently gotten an email from a Bob Chappell, and I think it seems
they may be open to the notion of open source solutions.  I am reading a lot
into the email, but if you know of someone that is a really awesome salesman
on opensource, this could be an oppotunity to make serious inroads.  I only
know what I have read in the email and what I was able to dig off of the
net.

Here is my basis for thinking Mr. Chappell is in Page county :
http://www.pen.k12.va.us/VDOE/dbpubs/doedir/ea.html
Division Name: Page County Public Schools
 Superintendent: Dr. Robert T. Chappell
Phone Number: (540) 743-6533     Fax Number: (540) 743-7784
Mailing Address: 735 W Main St                  Luray, VA 22835

Here is the email sent to the group.