[school-discuss] free/open inspiration replacement? (concept mapping)

I have a colleague who is pushing hard for me to let her train teachers using
the concept mapping software called "Inspiration." It makes idea trees with
boxes for leaves in-on which people can write. It's slick. But I don't want to
back down on free - open only right now. She is not happy with my quick and
dirty html alternatives or just graphics using GIMP.

Ideas, please?

David

--
http://www.iteachnet.org