Re: [school-discuss] Project developing free school server solution

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 22:39, Bjoern Scheuermann wrote:

> In fact, we're discussing skolelinux as a basis for our system.

What are you proposing for thin client support? Also print management is
an issue in schools from thin client. Thin client for schools provides a
good transition from Windows to Linux. You can use the local clients
running Windows with applications that are education specific but only
run on Windows and thin client for productivity such as OO.o, Mozilla,
E-mail etc. This breaks out of the MS upgrade cycle but maintains
compatibility. We have a number of networks based on Mandrake running in
schools here in the UK using this model.
--
ian <ian.lynch2@ntlworld.com>