Re: [school-discuss] Downloads: Provide FTP or HTTP?

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 11:12:43AM -0500, Richard Houston wrote:
> I would suggest torrent file and a FTP download. I found that the FTP
> seems to be a little more reliable over HTTP but a little slower. The
> nice part about the ftp access is that you can do it via a browser or FTP
> client.

I have a server hosting my FTP files and was wondering, is there any kind
of tool I can use to make my server act as a seed for torrents?
So at the least, if only one person decides to try and download it as
a torrent, they can, because there's the one seed available.
(Rather than doing it, say, from a torrent client at home...)

(Admittedly, I'm NOT very versed in torrenting)

--
-bill!
bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx