Re: [school-discuss] Downloads: Provide FTP or HTTP?

Hey Les,

I found with the WinOSSCDrom that the torrent file has way less hit then
the ISO I make available. I published the ISO 2 weeks after the torrent
and the hits on the ISO are almost 10 to 1 over the torrent file. I think
the torrent file is the best way to go but, it would seem that that good
old HTTP download is more popular from my experience.

I would suggest torrent file and a FTP download. I found that the FTP
seems to be a little more reliable over HTTP but a little slower. The
nice part about the ftp access is that you can do it via a browser or FTP
client.

Just my 2 cents and your millage may vary!

Best regards,
-Richard Houston
-R.L.H.  Consulting
-E-Mail  rhouston@xxxxxxxx