Re: [school-discuss] Live CD: DIY vs. Distribution

en Armstrong wrote:
The problem I see with "Schoolforge specific" is that the Schoolforge
mandate is rather broad, so that a very general live CD with broad appeal
would be rather a chore to make.  What I had in mind was that you could
each make a live CD on demand that met your own various requirements
without any large scale coordination or reuse by more than the people
in your own various projects.
I wonder if we could draw up some type of pole on the site. Members could request Live CD programs to be included, and the top ones could be ripped to an ISO monthly and posted on the site for download.
Oh, I forgot to mention that there is now a 'live-magic' GUI tool for
creating debian-live CDs too, though I have not yet used it, myself,
being a die-hard command-line kind of guy. :)

Good to know...I smell an Ubuntu custom CD tool announcement coming soon! :-)