Re: [school-discuss] Live CD: DIY vs. Distribution

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 11:34:54 -0400
Chris Gregan <cgregan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I whole heartedly agree. In-fact I recently read an article in this
> month's Linux Format about this very topic, and I think it could help
> out greatly with the creation of a Schoolforge specific live distro.

The problem I see with "Schoolforge specific" is that the Schoolforge
mandate is rather broad, so that a very general live CD with broad appeal
would be rather a chore to make.  What I had in mind was that you could
each make a live CD on demand that met your own various requirements
without any large scale coordination or reuse by more than the people
in your own various projects.

> It looks very user friendly from a GUI standpoint, and
> would allow for a lot of flexibility in creating a top notch educational
> disk.

Oh, I forgot to mention that there is now a 'live-magic' GUI tool for
creating debian-live CDs too, though I have not yet used it, myself,
being a die-hard command-line kind of guy. :)

Ben
--
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg@xxxxxxxxxx