Re: The Distribution

k.wetzel@welfen-netz.com wrote:
 [snip]
>I agree that it's a good idea to wait for 2.0 before
>putting together the core or our distribution.
>
>But I think we can and should start collecting items
>which should or could go into the core once 2.0 is out.
>(Collecting them here on this list that is).
 [snip]

>Maybe (I'm not sure about these):
>- ssh, rcs, cvs

I don't believe this has been addressed yet (I don't think it's on the FAQ),
but I don't think it would be wise to include crypto programs in the Linux
Core, or in the main SEUL distribution.  We want our work to be exportable,
under the current export restrictions of the US.

Crypto packages should be maintained at some non-US site with friendly
export regulations.

--
Nick