Re: The Distribution

Nick writes:
> I don't think it would be wise to include crypto programs in the Linux
> Core, or in the main SEUL distribution.  We want our work to be
> exportable, under the current export restrictions of the US.

> Crypto packages should be maintained at some non-US site with friendly
> export regulations.

Debian already does just that.  Perhaps seul could go farther and supply
"fake" packages which would emit instructions on how to get the real thing?

BTW, France forbids the distribution not only of crypto software, but
anything with crypto hooks, while Germany outlaws the distribution of
some games to children.  Lots of stupid laws out there.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)