RE: What help system will we use?

On 29-Mar-98 twoducks@globalserve.net wrote:
> Even though there have been few decisions on what desktop we
> will be using, it may be worth talking about whatever help
> system should be used. This will drive the documentation efforts,
> after all.
<snip>
> Any thoughts?

One thought, semi-tangential, that has crossed my mind is that, though I
*do* want SEUL to succeed (emphisis, emphisis... no I'm not a defector,
nor encouraging defections), *if* for any reason the overall project
bogs down, the SEUL help project would *still* be useful as a standalone
project.

If we plan as if we could be a standalone project, then the sensible
approach as far as help browsers and help documentation goes is to pick
a help browser for working purposes, but choose a document format that
readily lends itself to conversion to other help system browsers.

---
Laura A. Tisoncik       "muskie" on IRC
muskie@grrltalk.net     webmaster@grrltalk.net
        http://www.grrltalk.net