Re: [seul-edu] question about cvs

> the history file (as well as all cvs control files) are owned by
> cvspsrv:cvspsrv , my guess is that you cannot do the import locally,
> you must use (I think)
>
> CVSROOT=:pserver:mylogin@moria.seul.org:/same/thing/as/before
>
> so that the server side update is done by the cvs process owned by cvspsrv
> that will be spawned to handle the request on moria.
>
> First you'll need a "cvs login" command, and after being logged in, "cvs
> import <args>". However, you must have a cvs pserver-specific password
> (apprently stored in CVSROOT/passwd). Did anybody (pete, ales) add your
> name (and a initial password) to the pserver passwd file ?

I've tried this and get the following error:

[user@host user]$ export
CVSROOT=:pserver:user@moria.seul.org:/home/cvspsvr/cvsroot
[user@host user]$ cvs login
(Logging in to periodic@moria.seul.org)
CVS password:
cvs login: authorization failed: server moria.seul.org rejected access

Also, isn't pserver considered bad since it's not secure?  We have ssh
access, so why not just use CVS via ssh?  Set up properly with generated
keys, it's considered very secure.

thanks for the information,
Kyle

   Of course power tools and alcohol don't mix.  Everyone knows power tools
   aren't soluble in alcohol...      -- Crazy Nigel