Re: [seul-edu] Re: Unified Front...

tom poe écrivait/wrote:
> We are thinking, today, about whether the server will be Debian, or
> Slackware.  Any consensus out there, yet?

If I had to choose between Slackware and Debian, I would definetely go with
Debian, as it's much easier to upgrade. It has considerable importance when
you have to manage many computers. I can't live without APT.

Slackware's package management is too basic. It's much more difficult than
typing "apt-get upgrade".

RedHat also has an automated tool for updating the system (called "up2date"),
but I found it less reliable, and much slower. APT has obviously been there
for a long time.

Nicolas