Edu howto idea.

These ideas are great.  I'll start experimenting.  It sounds like it will
be quite a bit of work to come up to speed on the various issues.  It's
been a dream of mine to have a website that offers set-up instructions
(How-tos) for schools.  In otherwords, not how to set up dosemu, but it
includes how to setup dosemu, how to secure it -- special considerations
for specific educational programs.  In otherwords how to accomplish a
project and administer it.  Does this sound like a good idea?  Is there a
place we could collect these How-tos?  It seems to me that this would be a
good way to encourage schools to use Linux.  Make it easy to setup from the
perspective of teachers/administrators -- and even if it's not easy, at
least spelled out.

Would it also be appropriate to collect curriculum, lecture notes and
meaningful questions here?  (I guess that is pushing the limits of what
this list/group is for -- but maybe Linux specific curriculum -- for
example.  A classroom tutorial for Gimp or StarOffice, CorrelOffice, and of
course the educational programs we create).  Just ideas.

If there is interest and a place to store it, I could document what I
discover as I set up my equipment.