Re: EDUML v0.5

I was also currious how this database will handle data such as:  was a kid
promoted?  How does the data base promote a child, but still retain the
full records from the previous years?  So that the child can be tracked for
improvements, etc.  Where are the disciplinary fields?  How about the
counseling fields, health, special issues and college (or graduation
guidance fields).  I also know that most private schools and some public
schools keep alumni databases.  Do we want to incorporate this into the
format?  Do we want to define a database as complete as a full school
database package (like blackbaud or one of the other many & and expensive
databases)?  Are we creating an alternative to those?

I am not a guidance officer, a dean, or an alumni officer so I am not
really qualified to help create these data fields, but I could probably get
most of the needed info if we want to incorporate it into our standard.