Re: [seul-edu] Schoolforge organization--membership

I think one thing that should be clarified is this, just because you don't
have an official org behind you, does not mean your group is not an org. I
consider an org to be a group of people working towards a common goal.

Webster's considers it

or·gan·i·za·tion (ôrg-n-zshn)
n.

1.
     a. The act or process of organizing.
     b. The state or manner of being organized: a high degree of
organization.
2. Something that has been organized or made into an ordered whole.
3 . Something made up of elements with varied functions that contribute to
the whole and to collective functions; an organism.
4. A group of persons organized for a particular purpose; an association: a
benevolent organization.

5.
    a.    A structure through which individuals cooperate systematically to
conduct business.
    b.    The administrative personnel of such a structure.

I think number 4 is the definition we are looking for.