Re: [seul-edu] Schoolforge organization--membership

Matt Jezorek wrote:

> I think one thing that should be clarified is this, just because you don't
> have an official org behind you, does not mean your group is not an org. I
> consider an org to be a group of people working towards a common goal.

Just so.  Very few of our groups have any legal existence.  SEUL has had
to turn down offers of financial donations on more than one occasion
because there's no recognized entity to receive the donation.  Roger
could accept it as a personal donation to himself, but the donator's
books wouldn't show that as a charitable donation.
As I've said before, an organization by our standards should be any
group (even if it currently consists of only one person) that is
actively working to further the acceptance of free/open resources in
education.

--
Doug Loss          As long as I have you there is just
drloss@suscom.net  one other thing I'll always need--