Re: Slashdot edu-tainment software question

Robert Tinker wrote:

> Here are some extensions of Logo that are free and dual-platform. These
> contain great applications that will interest kids and teach the a lot.
[...]
> And here is a great beginner's language-uses a visual interface and
> produces Java.
[...]

All of these programs are for MacOS.  The first two make mention of
planned ports to MS Windows, which should be ready sometime in 1998
(?).  From what I can see none of them are being considered for Linux
ports.  If Linux ports of these are out of consideration, they can at
best be idea generators for native Linux programs we might try to
produce.

I haven't looked through The Concord Consortium website yet, but a
cursory glance looks very interesting.

--
Doug Loss                 A life spent making mistakes is not only
Data Network Coordinator  more honorable, but more useful than a