Re: Slashdot edu-tainment software question

On Fri, Feb 12, 1999 at 09:59:11AM -0500, Doug Loss wrote:
> Robert Tinker wrote:
> >
> > Here are some extensions of Logo that are free and dual-platform. These
> > contain great applications that will interest kids and teach the a lot.
> [...]
> > And here is a great beginner's language-uses a visual interface and
> > produces Java.
> [...]
>
> All of these programs are for MacOS.  The first two make mention of
> planned ports to MS Windows, which should be ready sometime in 1998
> (?).  From what I can see none of them are being considered for Linux
> ports.  If Linux ports of these are out of consideration, they can at
> best be idea generators for native Linux programs we might try to
> produce.

I e-mailed the boxer people about a month ago,  asking about a
possibility of a unix/linux port,  but so far I didn't get any reply.
They announced on Logo-L that the windoze port is delayed,  and should
be ready sometimes this year.

--
Jan Hlav\'{a}\v{c}ek
lahvak@math.ohio-state.edu  (Blind Carbon Copies will bounce)