[Fwd: Enterprise techniques can impact linux in k12]

Another forwarded message from the lxk12 mailing list.

Randy Wright wrote (about his "Streams On line" program):

> This project was funded by a CBO. As soon as we have the intial
> installation done, I'll put up a site and I'll let you know what
> the link is. This should happen by the end of Feb. We are looking
> for additional project ideas. I'd love to hear what other K12 people
> want or might suggest in the way of software development projects.
>
> --randy

Doug Loss                 A life spent making mistakes is not only
Data Network Coordinator  more honorable, but more useful than a
Bloomsburg University     life spent doing nothing.
dloss@bloomu.edu                G. B. Shaw

-- BEGIN included message

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Doug Loss wrote:

> email archives.  If you're interested, join us!  We want to make Linux
> an obvious choice for computing in the k12 environment.

I'm sure that many here, including me, share your goals.

> Randy, your literacy tool sounds like just the kind of thing we want to
> see.  Could you put us in touch with this project so we can link to it
> from our website and possibly coordinate our efforts so as not to
> duplicate them unnecessarily?  Thanks.

This project was funded by a CBO. As soon as we have the intial
installation done, I'll put up a site and I'll let you know what
the link is. This should happen by the end of Feb. We are looking
for additional project ideas. I'd love to hear what other K12 people
want or might suggest in the way of software development projects.

--randy

rw26@eagle.lrw.net                http://www.lrw.net/~rw26

-- END included message