EDU HowTos

My goal is write some howtos to let a new Linux admin quickly learn how to
setup and install what's needed for classrooms (at least what is in my
classes).  Currently, I have planned to write 2 HowTos.  They will have
many references to where to find complete documentation.

I am currently consumed with getting NTSP3 to talk with Samba.  Then I have
to catch up on grading.  Then I will start writing HowTos.  I will start
with a Mac Network & Linux services -- including how to secure the
workstations and software workaround to problems.  I am not currently
working with a mac network so this will be just a good draft.  Others can
look at it and help me improve it.  This summer, I will be moving back to
Switzerland and will have Macs, NT, Win9x, & hopefully Linux workstations
at my disposal to throughly test all the possibilities and questions.  The
last howto I currently have planned is to write a Linux server -- linux
workstation -- which may have a section on using those 386s with a single
kickbut server and having some useful computers.

I don't forsee quick progress for a while.  Late spring I should have at
least one draft (hopefully mac and NT networks -- maybe it makes sense to
do one on Internet services too -- once I start writing I will hope for
feedback so I don't go too far astray).  Late summer I should be able to
start doing details and refining the documents.