Re: [seul-edu] Consolidated gradebook effort

Hi,

I'm really want to help in developping a gradebook and especialy you
Eric as you want to use GTK/Gnome + EDUML, and I can help you in the
Glade, libglade & libxml department.

I don't really know at which stage you are but i will just throw some
idea and remarks - they may not be accurate at all

It will be a good idea to separate the GUI of the gradebook from the
core of the gradebook. We will define an abstract GUI from which
specific GUI will be derived. This will make port more easy and will
allow to have both a GTK & HTML interface. So the gradebook could be
used as a standalone application and also as a kind of CGI in a
school web server.

If you want to have a mutiplateforme gradebook, you may better
choosing an interpreted language as Python (supported in Win32 &
GNU/Linux), this will provide far better portability. Plus under
GNU/Linux, libglade & GNUGettext is supported. Beside this, Python
looks like an intersting language & easy to learn.

Anyway, whatever you decide i'm ready to help you. Do you have an url
with information on your actual work.

Hilaire