Re: [seul-edu] Teching/learning to write

Fredrik Liljegren wrote:

> Later, for actual word processing I'm thinking of three alternatives.

[...]
> 2.  You could go for an advanced configurable editor which lets you strip it
> down so that it has no confusing things at the beginning, and then
> reconfigura to get more options).  ..I really don't have any good examples
> on this one.. anyone?

This is my choice, and of course I don't know of any examples either.
I'd like to see something similar to the KidWriter/Storybook
Weaver/whatever else they may be called programs that allow kids to
build a picture out of background graphics and "stamp" clipart they can
place on the background, and then write a few lines about.  A few pages
of this and the kids have created their own picture book.  As they grow
older more features could be unlocked and some of the earlier ones (like
a picture on every page) could be turned off or made user-selectable.
This would preferrably be done as an add-on to a standard program like
Ted or AbiWord, so that when the child has reached a point where
everything has been unlocked he or she is using the standard word
processor/text editor.

--
Doug Loss                 Even if you're on the right track,
Data Network Coordinator  you'll get run over if you just