Re: [seul-edu] [Fwd: Debian-kids goals (draft)]: cartoon characters

On Wed, Feb 16, 2000 at 06:03:40PM -0500, Jan Hlavacek wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2000 at 10:04:17PM +0000, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> > Yup.  It is a process we have little control over.  Therefore I
> > think our efforts are better spent looking about us to find imagery
> > that is already both free and appealing to children.
>
> I have been thinking about this for a while.  How about create a
> depository of free images (either public domain,  or released by their
> authors under some sort of public license) which could be used in kids
> games?  There is a collection of images in linux letters and numbers,
> and maybe in some other games.  Icons like those in lmemory could be
> collected too.  That way every game developer could just find some
> images there and use them,  and eventually modify them and add the
> modifications back.

This idea has been coming up in one form or another quite frequently
lately. I think that means that it will happen soon, one way or another. :)

If you want to be in charge of organizing and managing this, I would be
happy to provide the space and bandwidth on one of the seul machines.

Thanks!
--Roger