Re: [seul-edu] Cooperation

Philippe Ambon wrote:

> This my second mail on seul but I think we could perhaps help a little.
> As you may know People from seul.org were on our stand during L.W. in
> NY. My job at Mandrake is actually dedicated to propose a distro to the
> French State Educational Minister. We are not exactly competing with a
> debian Jr project cause our goal is more orientated to kids aged 10+.

Do you have web site ? (even in French)

I think Mandrake uses RPM packages, right ?

I use RedHat, maybe I could create a few RPMs of the titles I have on LinuxForKids
for you to use.

Doug, is that something we  should be doing in general with the other titles (on
SEUL/edu and LinuxForKids) ? I usually prefer to get the tarballs myself and
compile everything. Also I don't want to force people to use RedHat to benefit from
my site, so I figured it was better to stay unbiased and just provide tarballs.

On the other hand, if Debian-jr is doing .deb packages, that would be an
alternative.

Chris.