Re: eduHOWTOs (was: http://gperiodic.seul.org exists)

Bill Tihen wrote:

> >with; it's sort of a chicken and egg problem--how do you cover a
> >programs classroom usage until it's actually been used in the classroom?
> >This is exactly what the Educational HOWTOs are intended to address.
>
> Good idea.  I am just about to have more time to start working on the
> documents again.  I hope within a couple of weeks.  Then it is summer time!
>  Perhaps the EuduHOWTOs needs a mission statement so that I can do a better
> job.

Great idea. I like mission statements - it's the way I'm used to working. If
you want help here then mail me and we'll come up with something. I'd be happy
working in that environment - it's what I'm used to and I'm sure this goes for
others who are involved in in-house development teams in their work. Go on,
make me feel at home!

> At the moment I don't think they are as focused as you indicate.  I
> could certainly use help though if we are going to cover best educational
> uses of software packages.  (I won't be familiar with all of them -- but I
> will certainly try to get as many going as I can at my school).  Hopefully,
> we can do some edu testing of the packages.

> Hopefully, I will be able to
> get some teachers/students interested in working with the programmers to
> test drive the software.

:-) get people working together in an organised fashion with mission
statements!

> >we should call them Implementation Guides, or (how does Sun put it)
> >Answer Books.
>
> I would be comfortable changing the name once I have a good focus and a
> format for the packages.  Even ideas on this would be very helpful.

  Why don't you just call them 'Teacher's Guides' - that's what we do in the
education system in England!