Re: [seul-edu] windows mac network via linux

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 5:24 am, Cameron Miller wrote:
> If, however, you want to have a common authentication database, Linux
> and PAM with the aforementioned samba and netatalk are hard to beat.
> Can the windows filesharing on appleshareip 6.1 act as a windows Domain
> Controller?

For turnkey solutions to the above, I would suggest Mitel's SME server
http://www.e-smith.org or http://www.e-smith.com

or possibly Clark Connect http://www.clarkconnect.org

I have not (yet) had a look at Clark Connect, but we have been using Mitel's

SME server at work for over 18 months, and it is *very* easy to administer.

Rasjid.