From: owner-seul-edu@seul.org [mailto:owner-seul-edu@seul.org]On Behalf
Of Timothy Wilson
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2000 4:00 PM
To: seul-edu@seul.org
Subject: Re: [seul-edu] I love progress

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Jason Mellen wrote:

> 	On a side note, I am looking for a free (opensource or not) Win32 X
server.
> Are there any that I don't know about. The school will be slow to put
linux
> on all the machines but might be more willing to install X to run off an
app
> server. Thanks for any help.

If you have a sufficiently quick LAN, then you might want to consider VNC as
an alternative to a commercial X server. Read more at
http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/

Have fun.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/