Re: [seul-edu] SEUL/edu Doc Site

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Doug Loss wrote:

> Bill Tihen -- TECHNOLOGY wrote:
>

> > PS -  I don't know what SEUL's ideas are on web scripts
> > on it's web site though.
>
> It's on a case-by-case basis.  Let us know what you'd like to do and
> we'll talk about it.  You may want to join the mailing list
> seul-pub-www, which is where work on and changes to the SEUL website are
> discussed.

	I figure that I may as well do it by hand.  Since I'd have to scan
the list to catch people who would be too lazy to use the automated
service, I might as well do it by hand -- it would also mean fewer
security risks.  Of course, I can always automate the manual entry of new
sites with perl :).  I checked out the seul/pub website, which made
reference to sdoc.  Sdoc looks decent in principle, but its output isn't
nearly as nice as what I see on the seul and seul/edu pages.  Doug, are
you using sdoc to create your weekly reports, or is there some other
template somewhere?  I emailed seul/pub-www, but I figured that since I
want to match the look of the seul/edu page as closely as possible, I
might as well get it straight from the horse's mouth.
	As for what I plan on doing for the page, Bill's suggestion to
organize it on the same lines as the seul produced docs seems reasonable.
I'd also like to include blurbs about each doc if possible, and put
everything in both english and the original language for non-english docs
(eg, a french doc would have french and english titles and blurbs where
possible).

	Jacques Fortier