Re: [seul-edu] ISO progress

On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 16:14, Jonathan Hughes wrote:

> I am not sure if it is just my bent in life but I would be concerned
> about giving teachers and administrators too much choice. If they are
> faced with 2-3 applications that do similar things, how will they choose
> which application to use.

I think Ben responded pretty well to this.  I don't think we can make
those choices for any of our users beyond eliminating the apps that
definitely wouldn't be useful.

> events. How many school IT professionals attend LinuxWorld? How many
> teachers attend? It is the state, regional, and national teacher and
> administrator's conferences we need to have our sights on. Those are the
> venues that will provide exposure for how Linux can be used in education
> to the people that need to know the most.

This is true.  Paul Nelson, Harry McGregor, and I (and Bill Ries-Knight
if he can make it) will be exhibiting and presenting at NECC 2003 (the
National Educational Computing Conference) in Seattle at the end of
June/beginning of July.  I don't know how much visibility we'll be able
to achieve (we'll be competing with large commercial software vendors),
but we will definitely be "showing the flag."  Harry will be passing out
the OSEF CDs he's developed from Knoppix, and I'd like to be able to do
the same with our ISO (at least a preliminary version of it).  But for
that to happen, we'll need to buckle down and get some work done!

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss              All you need in this life is
drloss@suscom.net      ignorance and confidence,
                       and then success is sure.
                         Mark Twain