   Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 08:41:38 -0500
   From: Marsha Woodbury <MARSHA-W@UIUC.EDU>
Subject: Junior Challenge

The City of Rome presents the GLOBAL JUNIOR CHALLENGE
Youth into the digital age

Dear Sir, Madam,

The City of Rome has launched the GLOBAL JUNIOR CHALLENGE, a
world-wide award for the most innovative information technology
projects in the field of education and training.

The award is open to everybody: students, schools, companies,
institutions,private and public organisations and individual citizens
that are developping projects aimed at helping children and young
adults to get familiar with the new technology.

The winning projects will be awarded the 4th December 2000 in Rome at
theCampidoglio City Hall by the Head of the Italian State Mr. Carlo
Azeglio Ciampi during a ceremony hosted by our Mayor Francesco
Rutelli.

More than 60 projects from different regions of the world have joined
the CHALLENGE up to now.

An international jury will select the most innovative projects and
the finalists will be invited to Rome to participate to a large
exhibition that will take place at the Rome Fair the 4th, 5th and 6th
December 2000.

Visit our web site WWW.GJC.COMUNE.ROMA.IT and submit your project now !!!!!

Best Regards
Mirta Michilli
GJC coordinator

Comune di Roma